Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Thread: Scraper ?

Tribal Council Member

Scraper ?

Is this artifact what you would call a limace or hump back scraper ? Nevada surface find .
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS

Arrowheadologist
    Are you saying its Paleo because its uniface? Not disputing your opinion, trying to learn something here.

It could be Paleo and it could be from just about any other culture. It would depend on what other types of artifacts came from the site it was found on. Nice looking Scraper though, no matter what age it is.
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

Tribal Council Member
    I think this is a paleo camp that the scraper came from so far only crescents and broke stemmed points have surfaced .

Arrowheadologist
    If I found it on one of my early sites that's what I'd say it was, from what I can see in the photos (slug shaped, uniface, high dorsal ridge, bi-pointed). That's a very nice tool!!
    Home of the free, because of the brave.
    The shoulders of few, carry the freedoms of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think this is a paleo camp that the scraper came from so far only crescents and broke stemmed points have surfaced .

With that being said it more than likely is Paleo then.
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Wow Dennis thats one heck of a find. Some of the knives and scrapers I find here are curved also, worked really well on one side (unifaced), I find them mainly where Im finding archaic or earlier pieces.