Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

3 Central Texas points for I.D. help

I need some help on these and any help is very appreciated. The center one in the pic is from Bandera County the other two are from Gillespie County. The center point is about 2.5 inches long. The one one the left is 3 inches and the one on the right is a tad smaller. Thanks for looking and for all replies!
    Attached Images Attached Images 3 Central Texas points for I.D. help-hhhh-jpg 

2. Likes Beatup69, tomclark, Suzy liked this post
    Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give it my $.02 with Castroville left, Barber middle, and Marcos or Castroville right.
    Every manís work, whether it be literature, or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself. -Samuel Butler

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for you reply Casey512. That is exactly what I came up with as well. I really appreciate your help!

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice fossiliferous material far left one. Looks like what we call our baybottom chert in FL.

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tom for your reply. I thought it looked weird and just figured it was patina, but thanks to you I see it is cool material.
    I would have put it away and never realized. Thanks for pointing that out to me!

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post a pic of the other side of the middle one? It looks like it was maybe a langtry looking point with one of wings knocked off. The other side should tell...

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimah View Post
    Can you post a pic of the other side of the middle one? It looks like it was maybe a langtry looking point with one of wings knocked off. The other side should tell...
    Thanks Jimah. It would be my pleasure to post the other side. I should have it up shortly. Thanks for your help. As I understand it, other types are frequently mistaken for Barbers. It is good to know if it is or is not. Thanks again!

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say Castroville on the two outer ones. Not sure about center one.
    Terry (Savant Banjo Picker)

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

Other side

This is the other side.
    Attached Images Attached Images 3 Central Texas points for I.D. help-20181010_215110-jpg 

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the confirmation on the Castrovilles TDog. I know they are not rare, but the craftsmanship on the ones I have seen is pretty darn good.