Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  43
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garscale View Post
    Have you seen my pacer effigy?
    Yeah top draw, I will see if i can link it to my typologies here in the UK Im sure Ive seen something like that

Chert Hound
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a classic claim made by pareidologists:

"I notice something is lacking and by having an open mind serious progress in understanding can be made."

The assumption being that not seeing things that aren't there is proof of a closed mind.
    Whereas is it truly an "open mind" that insists against all evidence, that something is there that isn't. Sounds like a very closed mind to me, closed to the evidence or lack thereof, closed to all related sciences, geology, archaeology, history.
    Believing everything someone tells you, against all evidence is actually rather naive.

Afterall..."Who are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?"
    O.A.S.A.R. ( Ohio Artifact Search And Recovery)

Head Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are only open minded if you believe the same thing as the one who is stating the "facts"..
    "Even a rock will crumble if you strike it night and day, if hammer I must, I'm gonna get through your crust, gonna chip that stone away..."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Afterall..."Who are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?"
    Certainly not you, even a child could see the repeating topology.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKrieg721 View Post
    You are only open minded if you believe the same thing as the one who is stating the "facts"..
    I mean open minded as opposed to closed minded, stubborn, ignorant, perhaps having ones head firmly stuck up ones own backside with such inflated ego and perceived knowledge that ones head has become firmly stuck.

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another rock thread down in flames.
    I know just enough to know that I don't know what I think I know.

In memory of George " Never Fry Bacon Naked"

7. Likes pointblank1 liked this post
    Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingRock View Post
    Certainly not you, even a child could see the repeating topology.
    I had to google "topology", but even after reading up on it, don't really get it.

What you say above is the key point and should be the focus of your research. All I see is random waste flakes. You need to establish a clear protocol that will allow collectors and archaeologists everywhere to clearly differentiate between whatever you show here and waste flakes.

It would also be very helpful if you can find a flintknapper that can consistently reproduce these forms, per your established specifications. That is, show that "random" is instead "intentional".

Are these forms specific to Europe, or are they more widespread? If there is an American counterpart, I would strongly suggest ditching the "hooded figure" name because of its negative connotation on this side of the pond due to our unfortunate history with the KKK.

9. Likes The Walker, questor liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird Point View Post
    I had to google "topology", but even after reading up on it, don't really get it..
    Just a search for repeating patterns, and recognition thereof. Here Double chevrons, chevrons, spots, marks chips, inverse Y's in the points.

What you say above is the key point and should be the focus of your research. All I see is random waste flakes. You need to establish a clear protocol that will allow collectors and archaeologists everywhere to clearly differentiate between whatever you show here and waste flakes..
    This is a partial assemblage, a broad selection of things, this gives a much better scientific picture of a site, I should add some quote from some famous antiquarian here to explain it better. There is not a topology of waste flakes here, sorry.

It would also be very helpful if you can find a flintknapper that can consistently reproduce these forms, per your established specifications. That is, show that "random" is instead "intentional".
    There is something intentional here, it could easily be accepted fact as long as people have faith Im not on some kind of conjob, Bob Doyle has tried to produce figurative forms, quite well respected American knapper I think.

Are these forms specific to Europe, or are they more widespread? If there is an American counterpart, I would strongly suggest ditching the "hooded figure" name because of its negative connotation on this side of the pond due to our unfortunate history with the KKK.
    The forms are almost worldwide it seems, I cannot vouch for every picture of a rock Ive seen from the USA but I am pretty sure its here. Kids weare hoddies, monks dress in such robes, Im not sure 'hooded figure' immediately screams KKK? But then again im from the UK.
    Last edited by RollingRock; 03-13-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hummingbird Point I kind of get the feeling that your a younger member here, your embarrassing some of your peers, great job

PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really?😡