Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just some background I grew up my whole life in the house that is on this property and still our family still owns it so I dig holes time to time lol (sometimes too much) ..... I don't deer hunt and neither does the neighbors , and I have never found any dead deer or bones in the yard ... but I guess it's one of those things just won't know without some proof of some kind lol ..

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a bone hafted tool base with rodent enhancement to me ,too. Nice find!

3. Likes Sam Kellner liked this post
    Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by meetmaker View Post
    Ahhhh?........so, no one thinks that is a piece of dropped antler modified to accept a tool for hafting that has been recently reworked by rodents in areas where they can get easy tooth purchase..? Age? No idea, so much would depend on the local conditions of the find.
    First thing that popped into my head too. Interesting that if it is, the slot is 90 degrees from what you would think of for a knife haft. Seems like it would be a dandy handle for a hafted scraper. If so, I bet that woman was the envy of her friends! I wonder which anniversary they considered to be "Antler".

Keith

5. Likes WIoutdoorguy liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes , antler for anniversary & their prom theme was fire ⚡

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't dismiss it as a chew toy. I think it was made to take/haft a tool.

8. Likes Sam Kellner liked this post
    ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
    Post Thanks / Like
    i say its a handle for a knife...coulda been buried just right..i think its native maybe it could only be a couple hundred years old...super cool..i think its legit... even if it is not i am gonna say in my mind it is because its cool
    ⊙⊙⊙

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I also felt it was a handle when I saw it. The association with the stone w/ use wear and points nearby helps seal the deal. Great find.

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    These were found the same day about 4-5 away from the stone and bone
    Attached Images Attached Images Any thoughts on this bone piece-img_4977-jpg 

12. Likes major flaker, Dart, swataramike, jd3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could we see the other end? It would be interesting to see if there are break marks or evidence of cutting or working to shape. Very interesting piece and thanks for the shots of the points and hard stone. Is there any evidence of discoloration or residue in the hafting area?
    I am hoping somebody that has more familiarity with bone artifacts chimes in. If it is the real deal, it must of been for a specific job imo. I have made many knives with antler handles and have never purposely put the haft zone at that angle.

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached Images Attached Images Any thoughts on this bone piece-img_5024-jpg Any thoughts on this bone piece-img_5043-jpg Any thoughts on this bone piece-img_5021-jpg