Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tube Pipe?

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tube Pipe?

Length: 8 ¾”
    Diameter: 1 ¼”
    Weight: 12.9 oz

This was supposedly uncovered near the coastline just south of Two Harbors on Santa Catalina Island.
    I was thinking of buying it but need your advice. Do you think this is authentic? Also do you think it is Native American?
    Tube Pipe?-img_4476-jpgTube Pipe?-img_4477-jpgTube Pipe?-img_4478-jpgTube Pipe?-img_4479-jpgTube Pipe?-img_4480-jpg

Last edited by AgateQueen; 02-12-2017 at 06:41 PM.

2. Likes purplesage liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like it, but what do I know..

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't like it because you don't think it is authentic, or just that it is not your cup of tea?

PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know much, but 1 1/4 inch by 8 inches? Not likely.. I'll post a pic of my only one, maybe others can join in..

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds good thanks so much

7. Likes Jay R liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tube Pipe?-img_7160-jpgTube Pipe?-img_7160-jpgYour welcome, this was found by a friend, it's broke but probably wasn't much bigger, made of steatite

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not saying that your pipe is or is not authentic but I have seen authentic pipes from Tenn. and California up to 12" & 14" long.
    Also have seen many fake pipes since steatite is so easy to work with being as soft a material as it is. Buy it with the contingency of having it looked at by a knowledgeable person - a return policy.

10. Likes pointblank1 liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

pipestone pipe

Adena pipestone pipe 8 7/8" x 1 1/4"
    Attached Images Attached Images Tube Pipe?-img_8934-jpg Tube Pipe?-img_8942-jpg 

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    agatequeen -

you would be better served spending your money on as extensive an education as it will allow regarding the artifact market and your specific areas of interest.

or just collect "coffee table books" with fine images of the artifacts you enjoy seeing.

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Free Cracked you certainly put me in my place! Your right, I don't know very much on Native American artifacts, but even a connoisseur with a great deal of knowledge can be fooled. I do appreciate the rest of you that responded with your knowledge and pictures to help me out, I feel that I am learning by your expertise, and willingness to share your information. I will no longer post on the forum and will work on a collection of coffee table books. Thank you again for all the other members that have given me such great advice and encouragement.