Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Finally!!!!!

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally!!!!!

Hello everyone ! Its been a long time since I've visited this site but I finally came to share a find of my own! MY FIRST FIND! Its been two long years searching creek beds, walking cornrows, frolicking in fields, searching hillsides, just looking, looking, looking! And I have been unlucky every. single. time. Except this time! This time I didn't find one, but TWO points on the same day. I know that's not a crazy amount but for my first time, I'll take it!

Most of my hunting is in NW Iowa but this summer I have been searching the Minnesota/Wisconsin boarder along the Mississippi. My boyfriend actually found his first point this summer, too. His was found on the St. Croix River, on a random sandbar we pulled onto. Mine were found near the Lake Pepin area, in a wooded area.

The *pink* points are mine, *blue* points are his. We tried identifying them online and think that the white arrow is an Agate Basin. We're not sure what the other ones might be but they look to be pretty similar. If you have any information on what they are or what they were used for, that would be awesome.

So grateful to have a community of other enthusiasts to share my obsession with. Seriously, all I want to do is hunt for artifacts ALL THE TIME. I'm glad I can post to people that get it!
    Attached Images Attached Images Finally!!!!!-20180805_133727-jpg Finally!!!!!-20180808_082017-jpg 

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, ColdMoon!! Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with your finds. We all remember our first points... Those are GREAT first finds. Mine were chips lolol. Those points look like they may be lost hunting points instead of brokens from the worksite.... were you finding a lot of chips before finding these? I ask because you have apparently found a good hunting spot or a worksite.

Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your first points! There's nothing like finding them and for some of us, the thrill never diminishes with numbers found or time spent hunting. Your boyfriends point looks like it may be something late paleo. If I had to guess I would say it's a reworked Golondrina. I don't have a good guess for your yellow point as far as type but it appears that it suffered an impact fracture causing the tip to break off. Let your imagination run wild with what it could have hit.... I know i do!

Been Around A While
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perseverance paid off, and will continue to pay off. Congrats on your first finds, and here's wishing you many more.
    "Some of life's most exciting moments are spent near the middle of the food chain rather than at the top."

Savant Banjo Picker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boyfriend has a paleo piece just like Koldsimer said IMO. Not good enough pics on the others to say.
    Terry (a.k.a. Dances With Dachshunds)

6. Likes uniface liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greenbrier ?
    Premature certainty is the enemy of understanding.

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with a little ding on the tip. I have plenty like that and am happy to find one to. You got 3 nice keepers
    Personal finds are surface and on private property with permission,
    Best bug repellent Ive ever used bugband.net check it out.

C-Walker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work! You'll find more...

I was just up in Pepin, Wisconsin for a wedding a couple weeks ago. That whole "driftless area" is so beautiful. I'm sure it would have been a desired location and camped/hunted around for thousands of years!
    Better watch where you're going and remember where you've been, that's the way I see it I'm a simple man...

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!