Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  69
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

Cisco Jack goes to Texas!

J.D. called me a few weeks back and asked if he and his wife could stop by for a dig on their way to Colorado. We were happy to make that happen. We started early this morning to beat the brutal heat. It wasn’t long after big red started shaking that the first point hit the table. Gave it a solid 4 hours and found some decent points. Great to have them stop by Junction Texas. They even got a pic of a horned toad.
    Attached Images Attached Images Cisco Jack goes to Texas!-610f612b-c3cd-4417-9c24-c6fbd9eae906-jpg Cisco Jack goes to Texas!-e73fb8b5-2ce4-4182-ae97-e9cd8ef0cd2f-jpg 

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck charm.
    Attached Images Attached Images Cisco Jack goes to Texas!-28837b21-2c84-488b-bd98-f7b9019f8ba7-jpg 

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm almost as excited to see the horny toad as I am the points. It's been a long time. Glad y'all are still in em good and mighty kind of y'all to share!

4. Likes Briman, pointblank1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice finds guys. Ole Cisco Jack makes for some good company!

6. Likes Cisco Jack liked this post
    Kopfjäger
    'twixt the James and the Pedernales Rivers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice mix of Archaic points. Good of you to include Cisco Jack in your operation and let him experience one style of Texas point hunting. I need to get out and point hunt but it's just too brutally hot by lunchtime right now and I have a topaz lease that needs attention first.
    That horned toad is great to see. I have not seen one in your next door neighbor Mason county in about 10 years. I hope they make a comeback.

Happy hunting,
    Briman

8. Likes Cisco Jack liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Briman View Post
    Nice mix of Archaic points. Good of you to include Cisco Jack in your operation and let him experience one style of Texas point hunting. I need to get out and point hunt but it's just too brutally hot by lunchtime right now and I have a topaz lease that needs attention first.
    That horned toad is great to see. I have not seen one in your next door neighbor Mason county in about 10 years. I hope they make a comeback.

Happy hunting,
    Briman
    You ever need a Topaz hunting partner give me a shout. Never had that opportunity but always wanted to.

10. Likes Aggie Digger liked this post
    Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, I drove through Junction two weeks ago to take 83 down to a cabin on the West Frio. Very nice points you found in four hours. My hunting partner and I spent five hours today and I found one complete point, 1 1/4" long. We hunt on private land, so surface hunting only. Hot and humid in the Trans-Pecos today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Muchas gracias Mike.
    Was a pleasure to get to dig with you and a greater pleasure meeting and spending time with you and Big Chief!!
    Never regret getting old, it's a privilege that many don't get!

13. Likes Tdog liked this post
    Savant Banjo Picker
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... If I would have known this a week and a half ago, I could have bought a Greyhound bus ticket out of Montgomery and synced up with everyone today to dig. I don't know when I could leave and go back home though?
    Terry (a.k.a. Dances With Dachshunds)

15. Likes Cisco Jack liked this post
    Collects and Knaps
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice finds, looks like it was a good time.
    Flint Ridge is great.

17. Likes Cisco Jack liked this post