Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great pics buddy! Number 2 and 4 are telling about the creation of this piece. 2 shows a long flake snapped it in half. Number 4 shows careful edge flaking.
    Last edited by cat; 04-12-2018 at 07:34 AM.
    Bruce Bradley, Dennis Stanford & Mike Collins are my heroes

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!! I'd be excited to find those!

I think I see a Dovetail, a beveled blade of some kind that is probably a Lost Lake, and a Cotaco Creek blade. The Cumberland is just too cool!
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Great pics buddy! Number 2 and 4 are telling about the creation of this piece. 2 shows a long flae snapped it in half. Number 4 shows careful edge flaking.
    Sure looks that way but i cant figure out why he struck that flake
    Resident collective leg puller!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garscale View Post
    Sure looks that way but i cant figure out why he struck that flake
    I would make a wild guess the knapper was thinning the piece from both ends, shooting long flakes from ends, and you can see where one long flake stopped short and made a exit up, starting a stack where the flake broke UP rather than down. The flake that dove down and broke the blank....I suppose he didn't have it supported correctly to prevent that, or too much power using a hard billet?

too bad either way the stone looks like quality stone.....
    this was how Indian curse words were kept alive for the next generation.
    Bruce Bradley, Dennis Stanford & Mike Collins are my heroes

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    this was how Indian curse words were kept alive for the next generation.
    LOL!!

Storms moving in Saturday. Maybe they will uncover some more goodies. I just got to get out of working. Maybe I can call in fat...

6. Likes Tdog, uniface liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great pictures !

Hinge fracture (-s ?) from torque on impact.

Looks like the damaged sides (of the Cumberland) are fire pops. (?)
    Last edited by uniface; 04-12-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    Premature certainty is the enemy of understanding.

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    I tell ya its been a rough year for me to between work and brokes if I find anything at all. It seems like every other year its good Im in the down year so far. I got a new property with permission but every time I call it isnt a good day so maybe I didnt get the permission after all which suxs. Hope your year turns around for you really like that material you are finding.
    Yeah, that does stink. I always try to remember how fortunate I am. Bought this land at an auction 20 years ago. Went with intentions of buying 2 acres and walked out with 150...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosspatch View Post
    You're definitely paying your dues with all those brokes, but even your brokes are very good finds, especially that fluted piece. Time for the law of averages to catch up with you.
    I agree!! You'd think I'd accidently stumble up on a whole piece as hard as I've been at it the past few months. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then. But even finding those brokes, it's kind of like making a birdie on the 18th hole, it makes me want to go the next day.

Just like today. I went out after work with the intention of checking deer cameras and filling up corn feeders. I filled first feeder and was heading to camera when I saw a piece of flint, so I took a little walk. Almost stepped on this....

It's crazy the amount of flint that is out there. I know there has got to be treasure somewhere. It's going to take more than a shovel and a spade to find it. And that will have to wait until cold weather. It's mostly swamp land. Swamp land = cottonmouths. Hundreds of them. I don't even feel safe with a shotgun..lol. Those jokers come after you. I've got maybe a couple weeks left before they take over. Definitely not a place for a summer cabin. Just sayin...
    9 out of 10 doctors say the 10th doctor should mellow out!

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another fluted piece! Is that a piece of the same point? More pics of that one too please.
    Resident collective leg puller!

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garscale View Post
    Another fluted piece! Is that a piece of the same point? More pics of that one too please.
    Sorry for delay. Work is really interfering with my hobbies. That is a different piece. Found another one yesterday. I was uploading them last night and fell asleep..lol. That's pretty sad. I'll try it again tonight.