Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Been Around A While
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
    Your post was like a breath of fresh air !!! I think we all needed that or at least I did .
    Thank you for your very nice comment, Suzy. Makes me want to get out to find/catch a few more so I can post some more.

Quote Originally Posted by major flaker View Post
    What weight fly rod do you use? Sure miss fishing the Eagle, Gore creek, and the Colorado
    Major, I usually use a 7 weight fly rod when I fish this particular water. It may be over-kill, but I use heavily weighted flies and the wind is usually blowing pretty good. I find the heavier rod helps me handle the wind and the fly weight better than a lighter rod. I fished Monday on what I'm calling a 30-30 day; 30 degrees and a 30 mile an hour wind, plus snow thrown into the mix. At best I could only manage about a 25 to 30 foot cast into the wind, most were less than that. But the fish were right in close to the bank and I did very well before I froze out. On the area streams I use either a 4 or 5 weight.
    "Some of life's most exciting moments are spent near the middle of the food chain rather than at the top."

2. Likes major flaker, Suzy liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing with us shut ins 👍

4. Likes Crosspatch, pointblank1 liked this post
    Been Around A While
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointless View Post
    Thanks for sharing with us shut ins 👍
    Pointless, I hope to get a few more points and fish to share; my shut-in time is fast approaching!
    "Some of life's most exciting moments are spent near the middle of the food chain rather than at the top."

6. Likes Pointless liked this post
    Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice point! I love it when the pintos still have their serrations on it and aren't worn down. it is getting about tarantula time, and shut in time. Like I've always said, worst day fishing is always better than the best day working.

8. Likes Crosspatch liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great post and results in every way CP. Super job once again at combining your outdoor efforts.
    Maybe next time zig before you zag !

Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful fish! Great post