Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  17
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tilly's Hill 9 - 12 - 2017

Artifact Jack and I gave Tilly's Hill a try with high humidity the hill gave us a workout. were working along the hardpan heading towards the high point on this site. We lasted around four hours with the screens and surface hunted a little on the south side of the site but the weeds and grass are too high. Another good day Jacks on the white cooler lid my finds on a rock and a cleanup. Birds - Darts - Preforms and brokes and a glass button and plenty of square nails glass and junk.
    Attached Images Attached Images Tilly's Hill  9 - 12 - 2017-p9123479-jpg Tilly's Hill  9 - 12 - 2017-p9123478-jpg Tilly's Hill  9 - 12 - 2017-p9113474-jpg Tilly's Hill  9 - 12 - 2017-p9113475-jpg 

Been Around A While
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another good day for you and Jack. Are the historic items (glass, nails, buttons, etc.) mixed in among the points, or are they found in separate layers?
    "Some of life's most exciting moments are spent near the middle of the food chain rather than at the top."

3. Likes Dennis liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosspatch View Post
    Another good day for you and Jack. Are the historic items (glass, nails, buttons, etc.) mixed in among the points, or are they found in separate layers?
    Mixed like a giant blender nails and glass and broken porcelain top to bottom.

5. Likes Suzy liked this post
    Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice finds. As for the mixing, I see some of that at my site too. It is quite uniform in places, but in others I've found early woodland and early archaic together. This area has been frequently used by foxes, as observed over the last few years. I'd imagine 10,000 years of Native and animal use are to blame for the shuffling of layers in spots.

7. Likes Dennis liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still get'n er done even thru much diversity. You guys Keep up the great work.
    Maybe next time zig before you zag !

9. Likes Dennis liked this post