Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  67
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So This Happened Today......

First, a little back story. I hurt my back a couple weeks ago and have been seeing a chiropractor to get straightened up. Monday before last on my visit one of the ladies that works there sees my Arrowhead on my Necklace and proceeded to tell her ex husband had collected and that he had recently passed away. I asked his name and it turned out to be someone I knew and that I was unaware he had passed and that I was sorry for her loss. She then tells me that she had obtained some his artifacts after he passed because his family didn't really want any. She had since given some to his brother who decided he like to have some and had sold some pieces. I ask her what she had and she brings in two really nice Axes and some pictures of some Celts and Points on my next visit. I asked if she wanted to sell them and she said she would but she wasn't sure what they were worth. I was 100% honest with her and told the two Axes would probably fetch between $175 to $200 at auction and maybe more if a bidding war occurred. I also told her that I would love to have them but couldn't afford those prices. We talked a little more and I gave her my number and told her to call if shed like to sell them.

So, today my phone rings while I'm at work and when I answered it was her. She asked if I was still interested in them and I said sure, so we made arrangements for me to go look at them. Most of the Points were fairly common and I wish I would have taken a picture but I forgot. I didn't buy any of those. I did however get most of the Hardstone pieces she had. She kept one nice Celt because she was with her ex when he found it. All of these were his personal finds and mostly local. The one 3/4 Groove is marked Lincoln county Ky. The others aren't marked but she believes they are all Scioto county Ohio. We came to a price we both agreed on and I came home some killer Hardstone artifacts. I guess if I can't find any here I can buy some as I can. lol

Here is a picture of everything and then some of the two Axes. Both of these are just choice. The only damage I can see is where she had them in a box and the banged against each other. Both are 3/4 Grooved.
    Attached Images Attached Images So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-86-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-88-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-13-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-11-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-54-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-82-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-79-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-57-jpg 
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the Celts. Some very fine pieces here.
    Attached Images Attached Images So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-17-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-19-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-41-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-38-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-22-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-30-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-34-jpg 
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, those pics are loading out of order badly. lol

Texas Hillbilly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice snag Steve. Nice additions to your already impressive collection.

5. Likes Steve Valentine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few more random pictures. I love the groove and this 3/4 Grooved Axe. It's even grooved along the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-2-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-51-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-7-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-46-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-3-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-62-jpg So This Happened Today......-kleinman-hardstone-9-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Nice snag Steve. Nice additions to your already impressive collection.

Thank you. I was really shocked when she called so quickly. Her ex used to come to the same shows I attended and I knew him fairly well. I'm glad to able to help preserve some of his collection.

Chert Hound
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are some fantastic Ohio hardstone artifacts there Steve, couldn't be in a better collection.
    that one axe is just about perfect.
    I really like the material in that dark green celt, wiry granite?
    Nice job!
    O.A.S.A.R. ( Ohio Artifact Search And Rescue)

9. Likes Steve Valentine liked this post
    Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome I can't wait to find one

11. Likes Steve Valentine liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow nice pickup there Steve. Its also good that you are able to know and pass on the history of those pieces as much of that is being lost these days.
    ..."the chase is better than the catch"...

13. Likes Steve Valentine liked this post
    Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, really nice, great addition to your collection.
    "Often wrong, but never in doubt"

15. Likes Steve Valentine liked this post