Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Panola View Post
    THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING TOO BOBBY . THAT AREA WAS ( I THINK ) A MEETING PLACE ( THE WHOLE TRINITY RIVEr IN SE TX ) must have been something of a dividing line between the western Indians and the forest people for centuries . It also is a " freeway ' NORTH INTO THE COASTAL AREAS OF W LA AND EAST Texas . I think the old people came south in the winter and north in the spring and summer into what is now Oklahoma , Kansas ,Ark and Mo. from here on the Trinity over to the La border on the Sabine River was a winter route south . I have found flint and lithics found in the Hills above Ardmore in Carter Co. < Arbuckle Mts here on the Trinity as well as Mozarkite from Ark. and Mo. , Novacuite here and point types that are common here but not found in those areas . But my point being the this River WAS a gateway to the coastal area . AND in someway a meeting/trading between the clans . IT IS A VERY , VERY IN TERTESTING PLACE TO SEARCH .
    hmm...prehistoric "Snow Birds". That makes sense seeing as how much of our older population are still spending Winters in Texas and Florida and coming back to MO for Spring Summer and early fall.
    For those who collect arrowheads no explanation is necessary, for those who don't collect arrowheads no explanation is enough.

2. Likes lillyput liked this post
    Head Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareshine5 View Post
    hmm...prehistoric "Snow Birds". That makes sense seeing as how much of our older population are still spending Winters in Texas and Florida and coming back to MO for Spring Summer and early fall.
    my wife would do it now if she could...and shes 29 lol
    "Even a rock will crumble if you strike it night and day, if hammer I must, I'm gonna get through your crust, gonna chip that stone away..."

4. Likes Rareshine5, lillyput liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a really cool find. There is no doubt that it is morphologically a Pedernales point - the shape and flaking are typical of the type. I wonder (and there's really no way to know this) if it is culturally a Pedernales point - made by the central Texas Archaic culture? Or if it is a copycat made by an East Texas NA who visited his cousins out west and busted that one out to show how his relatives shaped their points to his own tribe once he got back home. Ah, the stories these stones could tell . . .

6. Likes Rareshine5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking finds Don.
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point appears to be centex material , but it may be cobble , so it is possible either way , i guess .. Howevedr i am thinking it was traded in . Mark a also foumd a corner-tang near this place made of a black material that seems to be centex in orginn . Maybe mark will sound off herfe and give his thoughts .

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaverite View Post
    Nice finds, Don.
    Suzy has spoke of gators in LA. and Gar has opened our eyes (mine, certainly) about gars.
    What sort of creatures are lurking in the waters where you are frequenting ?
    . Brain eating molecules , leeches , and 20 pound snapping turtles , plus water snakes -----nothing much , wanna hunt with me ?

10. Likes Leaverite, Suzy liked this post
    Head Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Panola View Post
    . Brain eating molecules , leeches , and 20 pound snapping turtles , plus water snakes -----nothing much , wanna hunt with me ?
    seeing the stuff you find...I will take my chances !
    "Even a rock will crumble if you strike it night and day, if hammer I must, I'm gonna get through your crust, gonna chip that stone away..."

12. Likes Leaverite liked this post
    Arrowhead Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice finds Cuz and fantastic looking hunting pardner!

Those Brain Eatin' Molecules explain a lot about us arrowhead hunters!!!

14. Likes lillyput, Suzy liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird Point View Post
    What is that black material? Petrified wood?
    POSSIBLY P W , HOWEVER IT IS HEAVILY PATINATED WITH A RIVER STAIN , SO I CAnt tell fer shore .

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Crain View Post
    Nice finds Cuz and fantastic looking hunting pardner!

Those Brain Eatin' Molecules explain a lot about us arrowhead hunters!!!
    . Cuz--- they don't eat sawdust -----soooo I'm in no danger . these all came from the same place you released the wells 5 summers ago . ! Come see me !!!