Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  47
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Paleo Point

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful point pictures. Thanks too for providing the impetus for such a wonderful discussion.
    I look forward to updates to see the "final" determination. Until then U will call it... closaintmahalplainred. ;-)
    For those who collect arrowheads no explanation is necessary, for those who don't collect arrowheads no explanation is enough.

Arrowhead Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    It "looks" like a sharpened down Clovis to me. Someone needs to handle it to make a more educated guess.

If not Clovis, I would say Plainview. I personally don't see SMH.

Nice Paleo find, whatever it is!

3. Likes Wilbrun, Jay R liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Crain View Post
    It "looks" like a sharpened down Clovis to me. Someone needs to handle it to make a more educated guess.

If not Clovis, I would say Plainview. I personally don't see SMH.

Nice Paleo find, whatever it is!
    Clovis still has my vote

Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting to see the varied opinions. I'm holding fast on SMH. It's pretty straight forward to me(and maybe MidlandMan). I will get it in the hands of someone that can settle this, will report back with conclusion. Thanks for the interest and input.

6. Likes MidlandMan liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareshine5 View Post
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful point pictures. Thanks too for providing the impetus for such a wonderful discussion.
    I look forward to updates to see the "final" determination. Until then U will call it... closaintmahalplainred. ;-)
    I think sometimes there is no "final" determination. I have seen disagreements between two or more "experts" The more I get into this and the more I see I am sure that the makers did not have micrometers and I am sure that "Big wolf" did not get get kicked out of the tribe if his projectile was not "exactly" like the others. There was movement around, trading, learning from the fathers and masters,and equal amounts of talent there would have been some variation and I am sure that they did not all wake up one morning and say....Ok guys Clovis is out now we are all doing Folsom so get with the program the first one that screws this up is out of the club.
    Having said this I love the discussion and learn more and more. I have a local master teaching me how to knap and that has given me another great respect for these fabulous piece of functional art and a whole new insight on how it was done.
    Keep it coming I love it !!

8. Likes Carolina Knapper, questor liked this post
    Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcamino View Post
    This little guy popped out today. Really excited to see a whole paleo point. I am curious about type? Here are all the pics I have. Point went home with my Dad. His oldest finds so far. Happy for him.
    Nice find !!! Rare to find a whole paleo ! May be a clovis.