Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  31
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Another one!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatbasinman View Post
    Most charmstones found in the Bay Area are usually very well made and many are highly polished with most being perforated, fellow Ologist Waterman has shown some fine examples. Not sure what you are finding since no photos were included. Feel free to post yours. As far as the use of the charmstones, way beyond utilitarian, used as an aid to hopefully direct daily life forces in a favorable direction such as rainmakers, hunting and fishing charms, curing ailments and placed in burials for the afterlife.
    Are his charmstones posted here I went through a lot of posts and did not see them? I have spent a lot of time researching charmstones and have seen many different types. I have read lots of interviews from native americans all across California and they are all conflicting. Also I have read reports that state they were used as net weights from native americans. I see you are firm on charm I also believe so but to be so sure me not so much.

2. Likes Greatbasinman liked this post
  3. # ADS

Arrowhead junkie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What beautiful material. Do u have other charmstones made from the same?

5. Likes Greatbasinman liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Tool Man View Post
    Are his charmstones posted here I went through a lot of posts and did not see them? I have spent a lot of time researching charmstones and have seen many different types. I have read lots of interviews from native americans all across California and they are all conflicting. Also I have read reports that state they were used as net weights from native americans. I see you are firm on charm I also believe so but to be so sure me not so much.

Go to Watermans profile page and look under threads started by him, he has some beauties!
    Can't wait to get back out there!!!

7. Likes hawkwalk liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    late to the party great finds GB as always
    Paul
    Life comes at you fast_______duck

9. Likes Greatbasinman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Basin Man is the man. I say we get rid of the "Great Basin" part and just call him "The Man," as he has found more killer charmstones and crescents than anyone I've heard of.
    <--------------------------{{{{

11. Likes Greatbasinman, pointblank1 liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Stone Tool Man for reviving this thread, same argument still abounds on the use of charmstones, that's OK, I find em and am convinced on their use, I did go back through all the pages and give everyone who took the time to comment a like, really appreciate the responses from all over the country!
    Can't wait to get back out there!!!

13. Likes pointblank1, hawkwalk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    Great Basin Man is the man. I say we get rid of the "Great Basin" part and just call him "The Man," as he has found more killer charmstones and crescents than anyone I've heard of.
    I've said it before, I am convinced The Man has figured out how to work the charm stones. He has a couple that find other charmstones, and others for different types of crescents, different types of beads, etc.

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuaream View Post
    I've said it before, I am convinced The Man has figured out how to work the charm stones. He has a couple that find other charmstones, and others for different types of crescents, different types of beads, etc.
    No doubt He just goes out and finds incredibly rare artifacts as if they were common place.. heck im disappointed if i open one of his threads to find less than a G10 paleo crescent or an amazingly formed charm stone. I expect multiple of each..
    Resident collective leg puller!

16. Likes hawkwalk, pointblank1, Greatbasinman liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful finds! The only thing I have found that you show in your pictures is fossilized dessication cracks.
    I think the charm stones are infinitely more interesting than much of what I have found. I believe the charming is about as strong as the faith of those working with the piece.
    I can't help thinking of it in relation to the Religious St. Medals that many use to ask for intercession on behalf of their request. (Not trying to be sacrilegious - more (eek) ethnocentric (not that that is any better).
    I think I'd hang it by my front door (inside of course) and let the "charm" work it's magic on my house and my family). I'm using a horseshoe turned up to keep the good luck from falling out.
    Congratulations! I agree it would be really neat to see your collection of charm stones together.
    For those who collect arrowheads no explanation is necessary, for those who don't collect arrowheads no explanation is enough.

18. Likes Greatbasinman liked this post
    Desert Bound
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuaream View Post
    On a trip last year when I visited him, he Charmed me right into 2 beautiful Charmstones!
    Borrowing from Scotto...........I think I'll use that term from now on too....."The Man"
    Another one!!!-charmstones-jpg