Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  53

Thread: Perfection.

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfection.

Well I was gifted with what I consider the most perfect point I've ever held. I sat and stared at it for hours last night. I'm tickled to have a Foggy point in my collection! He also sent some gorgeous slabs!

Thanks Mr. Jim!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Perfection.-image-jpg 
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey

Texas Hillbilly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang!

3. Likes fogman liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    A true master at his craft.

5. Likes fogman, Bobby, Lost Lake liked this post
    Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure wish if foggy had any native american descendants they would have took up in my area. i would love to find some ancient ones like that.

7. Likes fogman, Lost Lake liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean Lost Lake. I now have 42 Fogman points and I get them out and fondle them quite often and still can't pick a favorite. As soon as I think I may have nailed down a favorite I end up getting another one or three.
    That one sir is a beauty and also my favorite type he makes.
    I know just enough to know that I don't know what I think I know.

In memory of George " Never Fry Bacon Naked"

9. Likes fogman, Dean D., Lost Lake liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    A true gem hand faceted by a true master! Congrats. And I know what you mean Bobby

11. Likes fogman, Bobby, Dean D., DanDiesel, Lost Lake liked this post
    Ancient Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for all the likes and compliments. Wish Goodonya to all.
    ““There's nothing like a first arrowhead, a restored “like” button, and great alogy friends””. JH 2015-16

PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    His work is insanely good and he is exceedingly generous with it.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Professional Amateur
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too got a surprise package from Fogman with some delicious slices of rainbow sheen and indian paint. Still working on a proper response. No kindness and generosity like he's shown should go unanswered and the timing was excellent. I'm in pretty decent shape to send a hopefully appropriate "thank you" back. I know I've been pretty silent and distracted lately by work and life events offline and not around much anymore. It's nice to know some of my old friends here still remember me. I have, admittedly, been very bad at staying in touch, and have only become even more of an introvert and hermit. I am reasonably happy though, healthy (still off the cancer sticks), and doing well. I've found a job that I love (though it really doesn't pay much) working out in the backwoods on a pretty motley skeleton crew building hiking trail and I was on the way out the door on Saturday when I found the package (so my co-worker got to admire the rock too as I unboxed it in the passenger seat of the work truck). Unfortunately I got whipped in the eyeball by a branch that day and wound up spending the next couple days in the darkness, listening to audiobooks, and waiting for it to heal and not be so sensitive to light. Yesterday and this morning it was well enough to sit outside and try out some of that rock candy.

In the display case in the picture below is most of my JHopper collection with the exception of an old percussion blade too big for that frame. Though the glass isn't very visible, the difference between his flaking and mine (the points on and around the frame) is blatantly obvious. You can really see the struggle in my flake patterns, but I am (very slowly) getting better strategies and slightly more orderly flake patterns. The blue glass was some material that I sent him, that he knapped and sent back (next to one of my points from the same blue glass). The super sheenful obsidian and indian paint on the case was some (not all) of what he sent me and the other indian paint around the case is some (not all) of the other pieces of indian paint that I have from him (certainly showing a wide spectrum of colour in that rock). The copperhead snakeskin-looking slab of picture jasper at the top was from Jim and the pinkish slab at the bottom (as well as the blueish/greenish points around his on the left side of the glass) are a different flavour of picture jasper (Owyhee) that I acquired on my own. In looking through my small box of top shelf rock, that was one of very few rocks in there that didn't come from Jim that might be purdy enough for him to want to try out. I've already had my fun with the other blueish/greenish pieces anyway. Still not quite ready to crack into the copperhead (Deschutes, I think) though.
    Perfection.-dscf3559-jpg

(Below) Trying out one of each: the darker obsidian, the super sheen, and the Injun Paint. The sky has been too overcast to do right by the sheen (what's left of that hurricane has been passing over). I probably would be better off with flourescent lighting. In broad daylight, even with that frosted surface from the rock saw, my co-worker was easily able to see the rainbow sheen bouncing off the slabs and said he can't wait to see them finished. These are tolerable and other people will like them, but they're not all they could have been and I expected a little better from myself.
    Perfection.-dscf3561-jpg

I snapped the super sheen and lost some size so I put myself on time out from Jim's rock. If/when I finish the other (tip) half into a decent bird point, I might allow myself to try again. In the meantime, I worked on a small tab of crazy lace from that Ebay package.
    Perfection.-dscf3564-jpg

Thanks again Jim. You're a gem for sure and you'll get my answer soon enough. The cat might have my tongue lately, but I'm still chipping whenever I can and do still remember, love, and miss you guys and gals. You've made too big of an impact to ever be forgotten.
    KnapperDan
    I'm getting better, one failure at a time.

Ancient Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah -:::- I forgot how generous YOU are also. You always send more than I. You are not obligated in any way to send me anything. I send slabs and things for you to make and keep in your collection or give to other people that deserve gifts. My favorite gift is to see them being gifted, not me. My reward is seeing others happiness's.
    Your job is one of those that gives a person a special feeling of accomplishment when you know people will enjoy hiking on your trails. Thanks for the show. Makes my day.
    ““There's nothing like a first arrowhead, a restored “like” button, and great alogy friends””. JH 2015-16