Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  51
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Resident abo thingy maker
    Post Thanks / Like

Other primitive projects thread

With all the other primitive stuff I've been doing lately, and ice saw a few others (pipe, pendants) I thought this would be a neat thread. All the stuff I post will be MOSTLY made or gathered by me, using entirely abo techniques. The exceptions for me are the lack of lithics here, and my artificial sinew, since I don't hunt. Anyway, here's a few to start! Other primitive projects thread-1436141674921-972945866-jpg anyone else feel free to jump in!
    Last edited by paleo James; 07-05-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    "I can tell you're short on red jasper and your flint pressure is a little high and there's a possibility you may be pregflint." -fogman-

2. Likes Dean D. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gathered yucca for fibersOther primitive projects thread-1436141756190-294349970-jpg I also grabbed two creek rocks on my walk today for an adze and a hand celt. I'll use the celt to cut the wood for the adze, then use the adze to transplant the wild growing yucca to my own little garden. I'm planning on transferring some rabbit tobacco too, it's great for hand drill fires. Which I have yet to do. But I'm going to. I collected PERFECT clay about a year ago, 5 gallons of it, so I can't die it primitive like until I actually build a primitive fire.
    "I can tell you're short on red jasper and your flint pressure is a little high and there's a possibility you may be pregflint." -fogman-

4. Likes Dean D. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I had a rabbit skin on my desk. So I made that needle, and bam! Now I got something to carry stuff in! I don't kill things, but I am opportunistic. I have two copperhead skins preserved right now for my bow I'm building (not abo). Here's the bag though. Other primitive projects thread-14361420931471773458135-jpg

6. Likes Dean D., lillyput liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reviving this. Spent two days outside doing stuff completely abo. I'm pretty spent. I FINALLY made pine pitch. It was a chore. Took an hour to gather what little I made. I took a knife I popped out of keokuk and smacked a couple pine trees with it, hoping it would produce more sap in the wound. Anyway, just this for now. A lot now pictures ti come though. Other primitive projects thread-1448145209533887735236-jpg
    Last edited by paleo James; 11-21-2015 at 03:34 PM.

8. Likes Dean D., lillyput liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neat stuff,I like it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I'm gonna actually video some stuff, but I'll or more pictures up very soon. A lot of cool stuff I've done lately.

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like seeing your work James. Keep it up. Very inspiring stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry I haven't posted any more pictures. It's just so annoying to do them all twice. I'll try to upload to computer tonight and see if that helps. I'm back out here again, but it's cold. So I bought fireball. Working on my little abo fireplace, so nothing really cool.

native texan
    Post Thanks / Like
    another use for antler,thanks james for letting me post my pipes//Attachment 223154
    Attached Images Attached Images Other primitive projects thread-20151211_134523_hdr-jpg 
    Last edited by bluestone; 12-11-2015 at 12:59 PM.

15. Likes Dean D., lillyput liked this post