Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  124
Page 1357 of 1357 FirstFirst ... 357857125713071347135513561357
Results 13,561 to 13,565 of 13565
    native texan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce and Mike,,do you know how hard it is to teach old dogs new tricks??? but thanks..

2. # ADS

knapps field grade points
    Post Thanks / Like
    aint nothin like breakin raw rock...but your right its freaken hard man...real hard and frustrating and not to mention you need a deep pocket for matierial...because you will burn through a lot....lol
    I pick up very old rocks.....

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing special here, and i should have used georgetown for this practice, but the only goal was smooth thinning, with a result of 5mm thickness or less all over. there seems to be kind of a natural "barrier" almost in how thin i can get things that are larger than bird points or folsoms or that kind of thing. but i haven't really pushed the envelope of it much. this piece is 4.5-5mm all over. and i'm just talking about making stuff starting with a thicker piece. if you start with a very thin flake, then of course the piece will be very thin, but the question is will it be bi-facially flaked and have any strength? i want to work more on that. my son keeps finding stuff that keeps challenging my concepts of what's achievable with various techniques and materials.
    Last edited by freeze cracked; Today at 12:52 PM.

native texan
    Post Thanks / Like
    What have you knapped today?-20170220_162743-jpgdidn't knapp from big rock, but a flake I made off big rock.

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Took advantage of a beautiful afternoon to whoop on some rocks. Took my wife and daughter trail riding yesterday afternoon and earned some knap time. Horses behaved and we had a great time.

The little red Hardin and Decatur are from cooked Buffalo river creek cobbles, and the Lost Lake is from raw.
    Attached Images Attached Images What have you knapped today?-image-jpg What have you knapped today?-image-jpg What have you knapped today?-image-jpg 

7. Likes obsidian481, huntwild, turbo liked this post