Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

Confusion in the Human Tree

Thanks to a skull from China....

Ancient Hominin Skull From China Suggests Humans Didn't Evolve Just From African Ancestors

So certain characteristics that we associate with modern Homo sapiens may have actually developed in east Asia, and were only later carried to Africa. Well still need further comparisons between the Dali skull and the Moroccan ones. But the implications are enormous; were talking about rewriting the origins of our species as we know it, reassessing how our ancestors migrated and interacted and subsequently evolved.

In a real sense we are talking about a multiregional population, connected recurrently by migration and genetic exchanges, John Hawks of the University of Wisconsin-Madison told New Scientist.

2. Likes uniface, Beatup69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool article, I think it illustrates very well how incomplete the picture of early human evolution really is. The "connect the dot puzzle" is missing a bunch of dots that could possibly create a more complete picture. When something new like this pops up, it's radical and revolutionizes everything for a couple of months/years.

If Clovis First was difficult to discuss, debate, review, and ultimately substitute among a relatively small group of Archaeologists from the US (who are by & large are a pretty homogeneous group), I can only imagine the crapola that comes with something like the origin of our species across a global network of researchers. Of course China and India would love to be the cradle of civilization or the cradle of a unique civilization, but Russia & Australia probably don't want some of their native minority populations to be seen as anything other than Homo sapiens sapiens (out of a concern that people might say they are less than human or a different species or subspecies or because it challenges their historical claims to an area.)

4. Likes Beatup69, uniface liked this post
    ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok...problem is humans didnt evolve we were created...
    ⊙⊙⊙

6. Likes Artifacts liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swataramike View Post
    If you're a believer it can't be both?

8. Likes CMD, Papajoe, Pointless, swataramike liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swataramike View Post
    So what's the problem? Each and every one of us is free to believe anything we wish. If I don't wish to agree with your position on any subject, I'm under no obligation to do so. There is no problem. Besides, I think we already had a Scopes Monkey Trial, and relitigating it won't change any minds. Each of us is free to believe anything we wish.

10. Likes swataramike, Dennis, fogman liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    And, if creationism vs evolution really is a problem, does anyone believe the "solution" to this problem is really at hand, here, in a thread on an artifact forum? I humbly submit that no solution will be found beyond the freedom each of us has to believe what we wish to believe. To engage in such a debate, with a view toward an actual solution that all can agree upon, is likely the domain of fools, or trolls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill just quote a wise man:

Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    And, if creative vs evolution really is a problem, does anyone believe the "solution" to this problem is really at hand, here, in a thread on an artifact forum? I humbly submit that no solution will be found beyond the freedom each of us has to believe what we wish to believe. To engage in such a debate, with a view toward an actual solution that all can agree upon, is likely the domain of fools, or trolls.

13. Likes swataramike liked this post
    Rockhound
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmd View Post
    and, if creationism vs evolution really is a problem, does anyone believe the "solution" to this problem is really at hand, here, in a thread on an artifact forum? I humbly submit that no solution will be found beyond the freedom each of us has to believe what we wish to believe. To engage in such a debate, with a view toward an actual solution that all can agree upon, is likely the domain of fools, or trolls.
    amen

15. Likes swataramike liked this post
    ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with all of you...i was just stating what i think about the article..just like everyone else is entitled to on this site...i mean that is why we post stuff on here because we want other peoples opinions....i just responded...i do not care what you believe nor am i trying to say believe what i believe..i dont understand what the problem is here..am i the only one who feels like everybody gets offened over somones response to a post.....i think i will just stick to the knapping side of the forum..unless i have artifacts to post
    ⊙⊙⊙

PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think any offense was taken...

18. Likes swataramike, pointblank1 liked this post