Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got horses?

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

Got horses?

Anyone else have horses? My wife is all about her ponys. There knuckleheads but can be a lot of fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images Got horses?-img_0222-jpg Got horses?-img_0220-jpg Got horses?-img_0231-jpg Got horses?-img_0219-jpg 

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not much of a ridder but she has them trains up well so I go along. Trail riding can be fun. Get out and explore.
    Attached Images Attached Images Got horses?-img_0226-jpg Got horses?-img_0232-jpg Got horses?-img_0233-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool stuff Dart. Never ridden a horse. Looks like some cool terrain. Might have to head out your way for a flintknapp session and catch a ride once work calms down in a month or two

4. Likes Dart liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread.... , wife and I had Arabs for 30 yrs, they are dead and gone now, miss seeing them run in the pasture, but she doesn't want more,,

6. Likes Dart, lillyput, Lost Lake liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by major flaker View Post
    Cool stuff Dart. Never ridden a horse. Looks like some cool terrain. Might have to head out your way for a flintknapp session and catch a ride once work calms down in a month or two
    Ones down at the moment but hopefully will be better soon. Hoof injury but it's healing up. Ya come on out. All kinds of stuff to do. Definitely do some knapping. Lot of other stuff to do as well. Bring your guns on out if you have any we can shoot at stuff. Skeet or target. Can fish but not looking good for big bass. Show you around the na site. Lots to do.

8. Likes major flaker liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointless View Post
    Good thread.... , wife and I had Arabs for 30 yrs, they are dead and gone now, miss seeing them run in the pasture, but she doesn't want more,,
    I understand. Lost one a few years back. Had to be the wife's favorite too. Raised it up and trained it very well. I loved ridding him. Never even tried to throw me and that's all I ever asked. So we still have one and shipped down there full brother from Montana. Wife's mom had to many anyway and this helps her with the feed bill. Will have them till they go then wife said she is done. There fun but a lot of work and money. Hardest part is when they go though.

10. Likes Pointless, lillyput liked this post
    Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I rode for 35 years or more trail and endurance don't ride anymore but still have one to keep the grass down Morgan Arabian cross .

12. Likes Dart, Pointless, lillyput, Lost Lake liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got a dozen on the ranch but i don't ride anymore to hard on my back,i just ride a 4 wheeler now.

PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a rider but my grand kids are ! Both are taking lessons . One in Louisiana and one in Texas .
    Attached Images Attached Images Got horses?-img_1862-jpg Got horses?-img_1863-jpg 

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bucket O food and a good view. What more can ya ask for. Well if you are a horse that would be two buckets of food.
    Attached Images Attached Images Got horses?-img_0240-jpg