Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Relic Hunter

Indian camp sites

Hello all, new to the forum. I see a lot of comments all over the web about finding artifacts at indian camps. I'm 19 and I have found several points (30ish) while hunting, fishing, making food plots, mushroom/shed hunting, etc. How do you all go about locating a camp? I've seen "maps" that give likely locations, but it seems like a long shot to pinpoint the exact spot along one of the classic scenarios (ridge, off of the flood plain, etc).

I also see a lot about digging, which seems even harder. I dont see how people dig a hole and happen to end up right on top of an indians camp fire... Can anyone give me some advice on finding these locations???

Thanks

2. # ADS

Obessive
    Welcome! Take a look in the arrowhead hunting and collecting forum... there's a lot of good advice there. It is always a longshot to find a good spot, which means you have to do a lot of walking over those likely sites. If they are too easy to find someone will already be on them. But it will be worth all the looking and "getting skunked" when you do find one!

Flintfinder of Mo.
    I would like to see some... Do you know how to put pictures on? I see you are new here is why I ask.. I might be able to help you..
    FLINT

Junior Relic Hunter
    I took pics, but I'm having a hard time getting the pics on here. After I click "upload" I'm just waiting and waiting but the pic never attaches.

Senior Arrowheadologist
    i use a cell phone for my modem and it takes my pics about 10 to 15 minutes to upload
    What warrior drew the bow, sighed, and let it go on its last flight? how oft its flinten head, on its deadly errand sped, i do not know

Tribal Council Member
    Make sure your pictures are in the right format and also make sure that they fit the prescribed capacity for that format.
    Note:The browser has all the info.///c
    Forty Six & 2 ///// Catch

Junior Relic Hunter
    Okay I think I got it now! Take a look. Any advice is appreciated.
    Too bad almost everything is broken! :'(
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Tribal Council Member
    You're more than 'on your way'. It's only a matter of time.

I know there are threads in here where many people have spelled out methods like looking for plateaus near water sources with rises of land in the west to block wind. Plenty of good info. Maybe someone will be able to remember which threads and link them.
    ... I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.
    Lone Man (Isna-la-wica) Teton Sioux

Obessive
    What state? That will help people id them.

Junior Relic Hunter
    Everything is from Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield. Almost everything has been close to the Pomme de Terre River which runs through my back yard. A few were from the Sac river, near Stockton Lake, only about 30 miles west of here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast