Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEAD HUNTER

caddo indian arrowheads

i am wanting to purchase caddo indian arrowheads. agees and scallorns and so forth. if anyone knows where i can get good authentic points or wants to sell some caddo indian points i am all ears.cant find to much on the net.thanks guys!!

2. # ADS

Tribal Council Member
    If you've got the wampum, he's got the caddo.

http://arrowheadology.com/forums/buy...birdpoint.html
    ... I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.
    Lone Man (Isna-la-wica) Teton Sioux

Relic Hunter
    I don't have any artifacts for sale, but I wanted to give you a heads up on Caddo arrowheads. Scallorn points are the most common point you will find on Caddo sites , but as with most artifacts found in the field they are in the average range of quality and usually have some damage. You can find them for sale on the web without too much work, along with Talco and Wa****a and Reed points. For reasons I do not fathom Talcos are over priced for a simple but well made triangular point, but $200 for an arrowpoint of any kind is too expensive for my wallet. Now as for purchasing Agee points: DON'T! 99.9% of the Agees I have seen for sale are FAKES and were never very common to begin with. In 30 years of collecting in the field I have found 15 Agee points and only 3 were of the classic shape. With the exception of a handful of sites in southwest Arkansas that produced large points in burial caches, Agees seldom exceed 1" in length and are of the variety that is not the classic shape. Most people think of the long narrow blade with expanding barbs, but the most common form is shorter, much like a Scallorn point but with longer barbs and bulbous/fantail base. I personally know several flintknappers who have made hundreds of Agee points that were of very high quality and ended up for sale on the web with very convincing C.O.A.s but I know for a fact are fresh from the oven. I am not saying that you will never find authentic Agees for sale, but the odds are greatly stacked against it and they are one of the most costly arrowpoints. Write me off-forum and I will be glad to send you pics of what I have to give you an idea of what to look for.

Contact Indianasmith. He might be able to hook you up or know someone who can.
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

I'm tryuing to get away from selling my personal finds, but Chris Merriam and Jesse Walker both have some impressive Caddo pieces. So does Jason Neuman.

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    I have quite a few caddo arrowpoints left. All of mine are 100% authentic and you can ask any big caddo collector like Jim Cox, Ken Partain, Sam Johnson,Chris Merriam etc etc etc. There are a lot of fakes out there and the authentic ones are hard to come by. Prices reflect that unfortunately too.
    Caddo collecting is one of those types that you really want to buy from someone well established. I would not just buy from anyone. Best thing to do is to educate yourself through talking to collectors and asking looooots of questions. Make sure you KNOW what your buying, dont buy a 10k dollar caddo blade without being 100% confident in it.

as far as those fake agees go, you can tell a bob thomas or the likes agee once you learn what to look/feel for. With time you will even be able to tell what sites certain points come from without even being told. if you ever need any help or have a question on a point someone is selling, im always happy to help
    -Jesse

HEAD HUNTER
    thanks you guys for all of your input.i know theres alot of fakes out there and thats why im trying to buy from people that i can trust. any ideas of good sellers to buy from????????

Arrowheadologist
    Arrowheads Online ran by Chris Merriam, he has some of what you are looking for. He is a quality seller buy without fear. Also Ken's Relics ran by Ken Partain. There are likely many others, those are just two I know of. Do not be in a hurry to build a collection, learn first and watch what you buy, there are sellers who love newbies with uneducated desires.

Tribal Council Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lance b View Post
    thanks you guys for all of your input.i know theres alot of fakes out there and thats why im trying to buy from people that i can trust. any ideas of good sellers to buy from????????
    ??????????? Dude, put down the peace pipe. We listed 7 people. Jim Cox, Ken Partain, Chris Merriam, Jesse Walker, Jason Neuman and Sam Johnson.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who does that
    ... I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.
    Lone Man (Isna-la-wica) Teton Sioux

HEAD HUNTER
    sorry bout that i didnt relize those were people i could possibly buy from....thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast