Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Utah Haskett

Tribal Council Member

Utah Haskett

My friend Bryan (Orion) emailed me the link to this huge Haskett this morning and so here is the link. It is from Utah and found apparently on an AF base during a archaeological survey. I assume fairly recently??. I knew you GB paleo lovers would want to see this if you haven't already.

Interesting how another Haskett from near this one had evidence of mammoth blood residue on it. This one was found in two pieces and the break was only 1.5" above the base. Well below the haft line. But a bend fracture none the less.

Haskett is my favroite type of the GB paleo artifacts. What a heartstopper it would be to walk up on something like this. Enjoy.

Artifact Casts
    Pointless, Dennis and james b like this.

2. # ADS

Desert Rat
    Oh my goodness!!!!! Wow, that is what I'm always looking for but can never find, what a friggin' monster! The old river bed is paleo heaven but it's on a military base and off limits. There's a whole bunch of killer paleo in that area. Thanks for posting this, I was completely unaware of it.

Tribal Council Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arrow719 View Post
    Oh my goodness!!!!! Wow, that is what I'm always looking for but can never find, what a friggin' monster! The old river bed is paleo heaven but it's on a military base and off limits. There's a whole bunch of killer paleo in that area. Thanks for posting this, I was completely unaware of it.
    Well Floyd maybe you and I need to get on our desert cammo gear with night vision goggles and pay this area a visit.....

Could you imagine finding this lance?? Heart stopper.

Desert Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierratracker View Post
    Well Floyd maybe you and I need to get on our desert cammo gear with night vision goggles and pay this area a visit.....

Could you imagine finding this lance?? Heart stopper.
    I may be crazy but I ain't stoopid...I'm gonna find one like that someday (I keep telling myself that anyway).

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Thanks for posting this up, Eric. When I saw it I thought of you and your giant Haskett. The one in the link is a monster. I think that this one is very finely crafted, especially considering it is made from basalt. That stuff is incredibly tough.

Bryan

Tribal Council Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I saw that earlier too. Darned impressive. I am pretty skeptical on the blood residue on the other one though. 12,000 years, on the surface, in a flood plain, with blood residue?? Those tests are famous for false positives. But we've had that discussion before...
    I agree it seems unlikely that blood residue would remain on a stone artifact for that long a period when exposed to all of the elements for millenia. But logic sure seems to scream that the only game these large Haskett would be made for was very large like mammoth, mastodon, sloth or something along those lines.

Beautiful workmanship on that Haskett....thanks for sharing the article Eric!!

Tribal Council Member
    Best to have an emergency dose of Nitro on hand should you ever walk up on one of these. And what a way to go if you don't have it available! Glad the finder of this one made it out alive. That has got to be the most ultra-fine example of the type ever. Thanks for posting Sierra as was a real treat to see.
    Maybe next time zig before you zag !

I love Haskett posts. They just look mean. Can't wait for a member to post some more finds up I always look forward to the great basin paleo.
    Sierratracker likes this.

Tribal Council Member
    Guess I dont need that third cup of coffee, that one sure woke me up...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast