Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A complete Haskett!

Desert Rat

A complete Haskett!

A friend of mine who's a member here texted a pic of this point to me a few days ago and asked me if I knew what it was. I told her I was pretty sure it's a Haskett but would have to fondle it to be sure. So today we met up and sure enough it's a perfect Haskett. This thing has been resharpened to exhaustion and it's still 4.75 inches long. I bet it was at least 7 inches long at first stage. I know the basalt isn't super sexy but this is a very old and very rare point to find whole.
    manoman likes this.

2. # ADS

Relic Hunter
    It's definitely not sexy, but still cool cool as hell. I love paleo. What state did it come from?

Tribal Council Member
    Cool point, congrats to her!!....Imagine having to knapp that stuff? OMG!!

Arrowheadologist
    Nice find, they are rare so any whole one would be a super sweet personal find. Thanks for sharing and congrats to your lucky friend.

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Great point! Thanks for posting.

Banned
    Maybe I am the only guy who thinks so, but I think the basalt stuff is really cool. I am always amazed that they chose such a tough material to make blades from, and some are really quite impressive. But a Haskett! That is incredibly cool.

Desert Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalHunter View Post
    It's definitely not sexy, but still cool cool as hell. I love paleo. What state did it come from?
    The point belongs to her mom. Her mom was owned money by someone. They payed with some arrowheads they had found and this was one of them. I'm pretty sure they were the weekend warrior type of hunters who had no idea what the pieces were. We aren't sure where it was found but the people who found it lived in northern Utah so that's the likely place but Idaho and Nevada are also possibilities.

Tribal Council Member
    That is a great find!! That guy must of owned your friend's Mom a lot of money as that lance is worth a couple thousand. Lol as you say they probably had no idea what is was or the value of it. That is some major patina for basalt. As a first stage that thing would have been a beast! Probably 11,000 to 12,000 years old or so. That gets me pumped up to go find one myself. That is probably the rarest type of complete GB paleos. Thanks so much for posting that.

Tribal Council Member
    Wow, I wished someone owed me THAT. Shee-yit.

Senior Arrowheadologist
    I love the basalt points, even though some of them are a bit on the homely side. Very cool point, love the hasketts.

Bryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast