Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Relic Hunter

Brazos River Basin - Falls, Co. Campsite

All the Central Texas points were hand dug in Falls, County. A really amazing generation camp that has produced some nice artifacts. I put together a few birds, points, and a first stage Harahey knife that I found out there. Also Including a pic of the 8" Cornertang knife I had to watch my buddy dig out .
    Sorry for the lack of size ratio. This is the only picture I have of the tang.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

2. # ADS

Texas Hillbilly
    Damn fine site for my part of the state. I'd sure like to see more! Congrats.

The CT is a smoker.

Sweet!!! Great looking pieces in that bunch.
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Nice finds TxHeadHunter. Way back when, I used to do a little in the Rosebud and Marlin area. Would like to see some of the archaic types found at the site.

john h

Arrowheadologist
    I look along the river in Falls, McLennan, and of course Milam. Most of it is farmland in the river bottom.

Relic Hunter
    Thanks everyone! @dollarcreek - this site is actually nowhere near a water source. Probably 20 miles east of the brazos river. May have had a spring nearby at one time.

Relic Hunter
    @ jhaberer - Most of the camp is woodland to Mississippian. Not to much early or middle archaic. It's a shallow camp but there have been a few older ones found.

Tribal Council Member
    Looks like a site I dug in this summer with some other members on here. Were you finding lot's of bone at that site also.
    Great site man, I know that had to be exciting and heartbreaking at the same time to see someone else dig a 8 inch Corner Tang. Keep looking maybe yours will be just as big a find.

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Very nice collection of wonderful artifacts. Tom

Arrowhead Addict
    That cornertang is huge!

X2 on the Birdpoints Mark, they would be at home down in our part of the world. Doesn't look like a few hundred miles meant a lot to the late Prehistoric folks.

Thanks,
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast