Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Industrial Hygienist

Louisiana Arrowhead Collecting

Hi Guys,

I've been watching some arrowhead collecting videos on you tube by posted by a guy that collects in western Louisiana. They're good videos; he finds some really nice stuff. Here is the link to his you tube channel:

LAcountryboy10's Channel - YouTube

Take Care,
    P nasuta

2. # ADS

Tribal Council Member
    I watched his videos and don't know whether I'd bow down to him or wanna kick him in the nuts.
    He's all like: "Yea, thought I'd go out and find me a few before lunch" and stuff.

Seriously, I'd love to go out hunting with the man.

Senior Reliquarian
    LOL,

Folks just dont realize the amount of material thats around here...especially washed up in the area lakes. TONS of it. Some really nice stuff too, but I find normally about 25% good stuff....the rest is chipped or broken or just poor quality. Its not rocket science, but perserverance that pays off. The more you go the more you find, and in lake hunting...FIRST is foremost. The first person on a site gets the goodies....after that you have to work for them.....or wait until a good rain and then be FIRST. Dont hate him cause if finds a lot of stuff...he works for it.

Atlantis
    The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow........cherish it.

Tribal Council Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis0077 View Post
    Dont hate him cause if finds a lot of stuff...he works for it.

Atlantis
    I was just clowning around.
    The guy knows his stuff and I know that a collection doesn't happen from sitting on the couch.

Hey guys, I noticed that there aren't any regional sections here, and I propose that we start a "social group" for all Louisiana guys so we can at least know who's from the state, and maybe even have a meet and greet/head hunt.
    What do y'all think?

I've got some nice land up in Mt. Hermon and wouldn't mind some company.

StonedAge
    i have property in franklington, right below mt. herman and im digging some really beautful points.

Tribal Council Member
    Small world! My buddy, and fellow head hunter owns the land across from the McDonalds/baseball field/boat launch right on the River.
    I'm sure you know where I'm talking about.

Industrial Hygienist
    He finds some nice stuff - it would by fun to have a trip like that. I'm up in N.E. Louisiana - haven't found any good sites.

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    I live on the border of La. and Texas, I don't own any land but wouldn't mind meeting others from the area.

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    I have been talking with him for a while and he works hard for those points.