Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Tribal Council Member

Motar And Pestle Value

I have a chance to purchase a couple that look like bowling balls with the tops scooped out still covered with lichen? there complete with pestles and nice from northern California But I'm not sure what there worth. what would be a good deal ?

2. # ADS

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    I have not purchased any mortars and pestles, but have seen some for sale at what I thought were ridiculous prices. Flea market dummies think that those things are gold and want $150-250 for 'em. I got 63 Ms and Ps from a Napa area vineyard owner several years back. He had pushed all the rocks to a creek and I backed up to it and loaded the good ones into my PU. He had no interest in any of them. I never sold any, but gave away quite a few. I also have a big and heavy double mortar flipped over up in the Sierra. Far too heavy for one person to lift, but the next time we hunt up there my buds will load 'er up for me.

Tribal Council Member
    These are most likely in the ridiculous range I think there asking $150 I guess it comes down to how bad you want one. They have other artifacts axes Celts and points etc, for sale.

Tribal Council Member
    Like High Sierra, i have couple of mortars "hiding" in the Santa Monica Mtns.. because i'd be talking like Micheal Jackson did if i tried to remove them to my Truck by myself...

I agree that those who, without any knowledge, try to sell them for far too much money because they figure if they are that big, they gotta be worth alot....
    "..The Edge, there's no easy way to describe it. Because the Ones who know where it is, have gone over.." ~ Hunter S. Thompson
    "...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe