Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Junior Relic Hunter

North Georgia Hunting

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any areas in the north Georgia area that is good for finding arrowheads? Recently I've taken my family out on a couple trips to search for some, which although we had some great family fun searching in the creeks we have yet to find any. We've been in the north Georgia mountains as well as just below the dam at lake Allatoona and the Etowah river. I know central Georgia is more of a hot spot for collecting, especially just below lake Sinclair. When that river is down I've found several laying on the sandbars and more pieces of pottery than one could pick up. Any suggestions for areas or techniques would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. # ADS

Old King Quartz
    I live in Gainesville and I surface hunt when possible on the jobs I work on. Im a land surveyor so I get to hunt on the subdivisions I work in. I have had the experience as of late that the Canton area is producing pretty good. If you can find someone to let you hunt the river bottoms on the Etowah. Ive found a lot of flaking material and some nice points in the hills also.