Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: modern piece

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

modern piece

Sold for $4275.00. Had in my office several months ago and it has enough copper on it to make a penny.
    Attached Images Attached Images modern piece-fake-ross-jpg 

2. Likes Buckeye liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

from sale several months ago

This point sold for $800.00 back in June. This is the return request because it's fake as a 3 dollar bill. Note new seller.
    Attached Images Attached Images modern piece-fake-ross-blade-jpg 

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    sucker & minute something like that !
    say what you mean & mean what you say !

Chert Hound
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should just go here and cut out the middleman... and get them at about 1/10 the price.
    FlintKnappers - The largest collection of modern lithic art for sale and show
    O.A.S.A.R. ( Ohio Artifact Search And Recovery)

6. Likes Pastmeetspresent liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone reading this post bought this monstrosity you better send it to someone with a reputation to have it officially rejected and get your money back quick - I guarantee you just got hosed! It is not pre - 1600 - I doubt it's pre 2016.

8. Likes swataramike, Buckeye, Cisco Jack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PMP----is this the point that you had trouble posting the other day?
    Μολών λαβέ

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we could figure out pretty quick who made those. I know several knappers who make high quality Ross blades and they'd all be p.o.'d to learn that someone was passing their work as old.

11. Likes Pointhunter79, Pastmeetspresent liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Jack View Post
    PMP----is this the point that you had trouble posting the other day?
    Yes. I just bought this windows 10 and did not know that it was set up to delete browsing history when you exit so each time that I tried to post pictures from file the computer treated it as exiting the web site and I was no longer signed in so it would not allow me to post. I wanted to post before it sold on the off chance that whoever was thinking of buying that piece would see it - a lot of visitors reading this site as well as members. Buy the way I called the point a monstrosity only for the fact that it is NOT OLD, it is actually a very nice looking modern piece.
    Last edited by Pastmeetspresent; 08-12-2017 at 05:49 AM.

13. Likes Cisco Jack liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by knife river View Post
    I think we could figure out pretty quick who made those. I know several knappers who make high quality Ross blades and they'd all be p.o.'d to learn that someone was passing their work as old.

This happens unfortunately. Seen posts on a flintknappers group on FB about it. Seen one where a guy sold a point as modern, then seen the same guy selling it as old on eBay a shout time later. Fake coa and his signature scribbled over with a fake find location.

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    That point is one I knapped. First point I can be positive that was mine being passed off as real. I sold it a couple years or so ago. I generally sell them for $50/inch on those but think I sold that one for around $250 to $300. I sold it signed as a modern art piece. Didn't even attempt to make it an accurate replica. Pissed me off that us modern knappers can't sell our high end pieces for that type of money but some jackwagon can doctor it up and sell it as "authentic" and get it. I know There are a few modern knappers who can get high end pieces for their work. I have gotten some good high end pieces for some of mine as well but nothing near that. That piece was made out of Tecovas jasper I collected from this outcrop.

16. Likes BrewerMo, knife river liked this post