Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: modern piece

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's another sad thing about it. To turn a quick buck now they actually may have hurt the value of your work by removing your signature and date. The art theft part just down right bleeps me off though.

Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if these low integrity Ebay sellers - who rely on the cover of Baker COA's - might just be a little nervous if they sold a modern reproduction for 4K + and then a discussion like this appears where the maker of the point - identifies it in public.
    Cover seems to be getting thinner.....

3. Likes Pastmeetspresent liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKrieg721 View Post
    Yes faker..i mean baker papered it..this is the same ebay seller that tried to pass one of my points (with a diamond scribed signature mind you) as real a few months ago..they are both crooks in my book..laeseller and baker..
    Add a possible new name to the list - this sold by shantty001- first time it sold and was returned to laeseller.

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curt - since you have pictures and you made the point I would see no ethical issue with going on ebay and posting those pictures for sale and just happen to explain in the posting that your modern work recently sold for over $4K. Just advertise that the picture is for sale, how nervous are these people going to get? May get the poor guy who purchased it his money back also. Just a suggestion.
    Also have any of you considered a UV pen to mark your work? It only shows up under UV light cannot be seen with the naked eye.

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

12 other items for sale by shantty001 - anyone recognize any of them?
    And yes I am trying to keep this alive because fraud and grand theft bother me badly.
    Last edited by Pastmeetspresent; 08-13-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Head Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post the link PMP..i cant find him in user search..and i would be interested in a UV pend..where can i find one??
    "Even a rock will crumble if you strike it night and day, if hammer I must, I'm gonna get through your crust, gonna chip that stone away..."

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    in ebay search type in [collector grade Kentucky dovetail point] being sold by shanty001.
    As far as the pen is concerned type in UV pen in Amazon.com, sell for around $8.00.