Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: modern piece

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well. It looks like I can't post the pics from photobucket anymore without paying for it. And I can't figure out how to use the photo loader on here with my phone

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curt- I never saw a signature on it but the piece had been doctored up and I did not clean it when I tested it. Beautiful material for sure and worth every bit of several hundred $ as modern. When I saw it selling for that kind of money I just wanted to scream out don't buy it but there is no way of communicating with buyers both before and after the sale is made. Really hope that somehow they or someone they know stumbles across this information in order to get their money back. Mr. B----- should be tarred and feathered! People like him ruin it for everyone - it's no wonder people think that most authenticators are crooks. That piece did not slip through the cracks - it was pushed!

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would an authentic Ross blade be made of Tecovas jasper?

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Too Far From The Plains But Still In Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew you made that one Curtis but I kept my mouth shut. Sorry man. Incredible work.

Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not your fault Curt.
    That COA should never had happened it's total corruption- not an oversight.

6. Likes Pointhunter79 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that was likely one of yours, Curtis. Yeah, that kind of thing is disturbing for several reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by huntwild View Post
    Would an authentic Ross blade be made of Tecovas jasper?
    Not likely. The Hopewell knappers gathered some exotic material including obsidian from Yellowstone, but I've never seen any of their work made with Texas materials.

9. Likes huntwild liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastmeetspresent View Post
    Curt- I never saw a signature on it but the piece had been doctored up and I did not clean it when I tested it. Beautiful material for sure and worth every bit of several hundred $ as modern. When I saw it selling for that kind of money I just wanted to scream out don't buy it but there is no way of communicating with buyers both before and after the sale is made. Really hope that somehow they or someone they know stumbles across this information in order to get their money back. Mr. B----- should be tarred and feathered! People like him ruin it for everyone - it's no wonder people think that most authenticators are crooks. That piece did not slip through the cracks - it was pushed!
    Who papered it? Baker?

Head Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes faker..i mean baker papered it..this is the same ebay seller that tried to pass one of my points (with a diamond scribed signature mind you) as real a few months ago..they are both crooks in my book..laeseller and baker..
    "Even a rock will crumble if you strike it night and day, if hammer I must, I'm gonna get through your crust, gonna chip that stone away..."

12. Likes knife river liked this post
    Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was only signed with ink so it was probably acetoned off or something. I used to scribe my points but I always lose my scribes and on many materials they can be hard to use. Plus they can be covered up with false patina or buffed out too. Now I sign my work with ink to stand out for collectability more than fraud prevention.

14. Likes knife river liked this post