Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like

Onion Creek, Its a Weird Coincidental World

So at a funeral in my home town of Midland a couple days ago I talked to one of my cousins who is a big executive in a corporation said they are sending him to work on a new Mercedes dealership on Onion Creek and its right where a lot of the illegal digging is going on! He will be here in a week or so to look at the site and he is a no nonsense hard ass west Texan. Anyone digging illegally out there better watch their caca once he takes over the site! As it currently works out I dont really care to dig out there and I'm not going to beg permission, where I'm digging now is better anyway!

2. Likes Briman, jd3, hawkwalk liked this post
  3. # ADS

Flint Stalker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what we need.......Another car dealership specializing in the sale of overpriced vehicles. Destroying sites in the name of economic advancement. That's justifiable right? Personally, I hope they get all they can before another useless car lot covers up and destroys it forever!

Glad you have a nice place to dig.

5. Likes Bobby liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    The site IS BEING POACHED!

Flint Stalker
    Post Thanks / Like
    And soon to be COVERED with concrete......

8. Likes Bobby liked this post
    Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell your cousin i Have a screener , will come screen it before they build . I also have dump trucks can haul it off !!!
    say what you mean & mean what you say !

10. Likes Jay R liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never came up in conversation but he asked me if I knew the area and other than post I see mostly elsewhere I have not visited the site, lots of nice Archaic bling I have seen and heard, I really dont care, I have no dog in this hunt, just saying its a strange coincidence that this is one of my cousins current projects. I have no desire to do these type of illegal digs and am occupied by what is to me more interesting site. If my cousin and I have lunch on his visit as we said we would and it comes up in conversation I'll get a better sense of his demeanor on this subject. We were at a funeral!

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Midlandman I don't have no desire to do any thing illegal. We could stop all the illegal digging by screening & putting it all back in sifted dirt. ps. sorry for your loss !
    say what you mean & mean what you say !

Longtime Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MidlandMan View Post
    So at a funeral in my home town of Midland a couple days ago I talked to one of my cousins who is a big executive in a corporation said they are sending him to work on a new Mercedes dealership on Onion Creek and its right where a lot of the illegal digging is going on! He will be here in a week or so to look at the site and he is a no nonsense hard ass west Texan. Anyone digging illegally out there better watch their caca once he takes over the site! As it currently works out I dont really care to dig out there and I'm not going to beg permission, where I'm digging now is better anyway!

Are you referring to the site on Onion Creek close to the Austin Bergstrom Airport off of highway 183? If so, that site has been dug for years by lots of people.

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Thats what we need.......Another car dealership specializing in the sale of overpriced vehicles. Destroying sites in the name of economic advancement. That's justifiable right? Personally, I hope they get all they can before another useless car lot covers up and destroys it forever!

Glad you have a nice place to dig.
    . Amen Jay ----

15. Likes Jay R, kliff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, I think we all understand your sentiment, but strong legal protection for private property and digging with permission is the only thing keeping Texas from becoming one of the other states where digging is a thing of the past.

17. Likes Jay R, MidlandMan, Aggie Digger liked this post