Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Flint Stalker
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't dig without permission nor will I. I was only pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation. Urban sprawl/Economic advancement has no interest in saving sites. Once the concrete is down, the site is pretty much gone forever. No one gets to see the artifacts at that point!

2. Likes MidlandMan, Bobby, Aggie Digger, ez_rider liked this post
    PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree! When I came to Austin I could walk across it, now the traffic and sprawl has turns this once small city into a throbbing monster eating up everything in it's way! Not a day go by that I dont look at what must be site after site being destroyed. The private archies hired to do the archaeological assays are loathed by the academian archies because of their signing off on a lot of this. Still if we are not careful we are one pen stroke away from everything protected into oblivion and being excluded from our passionate interest!

4. Likes Aggie Digger, Dennis liked this post
    Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see legislation ever telling property owners they can't dig their property. That would be a slamming nightmare.

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wal1809 View Post
    I don't see legislation ever telling property owners they can't dig their property. That would be a slamming nightmare.
    Texas is one of the rare ones. We are blessed. There are plenty of states where a land owner can't even stick a shovel in the ground to plant a flowerbed with out permits.

PhD in Arrowheadology
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol...people arguing about artifacts that do not belong to anybody but the natives...i think illegal artifact digging is the last thing we need to worry about in this country...this is another reason i flintknap now more than i hunt...
    When you are riding in a time machine way far into the future,
    Do not stick your elbow out of the window, Or it will turn into a fossil.

Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Jay must be a nomad with no home and no property! He certainly doesn't own anything since that might be construed as infringing on a site!

Flint Stalker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostrander_Hunter View Post
    Wow! Jay must be a nomad with no home and no property! He certainly doesn't own anything since that might be construed as infringing on a site!
    Wow! You really nailed it. /sarc/