Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  1
    Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like

Blade question-see pics

Ive read about a blade type tool that was prominent during the woodland period. Extremely sharp, fine and narrow flakes designed to be blades. Do these fit the bill in your opinion? These will cut you if not careful!
    from illinois
    Attached Images Attached Images Blade question-see pics-image-jpg Blade question-see pics-image-jpg Blade question-see pics-image-jpg Blade question-see pics-image-jpg Blade question-see pics-image-jpg 

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    The short answer is "Yes". I would not bet on them being Woodland though. The larger one has a very nice platform and shows either lots of use wear or micro retouch.
    Resident collective leg puller!

Senior Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. When would you think it is from if not woodland?

Post Thanks / Like
    You are talking about Hopewell Prismatic Blades and I don't believe yours are that type.
    "Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside."

Graduate Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a group that are Hopewell, most of Flint ridge and a little on the larger side. They aren't the typical small three sided colorful ones that everyone associates with Hopeful. Those are just the most photogenic that everyone displays.Blade question-see pics-dscn0023-jpg

6. Likes codeman liked this post