Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Junior Relic Hunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Lyle for the information.

Martin

learning
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmmm.......difficult subject and them modern makers sure do some purty work (to the novice collector like myself), too bad they aren't proud of what they make by signing them somehow. sad that folks on ebay and everywhere else knowingly sell replicas as "I don't know nothing". Collecting these authentic and ancient artifacts is a tough hobby. Modern makers sure need to form some kind club with a code of ethics and go after those that are ruining their livelihood/reputation, after all it appears to be an art. Artists need to be proud of their artwork, the other side is investors need to be proud of their investment. ah...what do I know, oh yeah, i'm just an old ditch digger.

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you purchase the points in your avatar?
    I know just enough to know that I don't know what I think I know.

In memory of George " Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMHOP unscrupulous knappers and sellers have ruined this hobby for a lot of collectors, including all newbies who have to or want to buy.
    Moustache Simpson. Baker.

5. Likes Pointless, uniface liked this post
    learning
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello Bobby, those are some of them 'I don't know nothing'. I like that knowing enough to etc etc...lol. I would not fry bacon naked on high temp for sure. So, why do you ask?

learning
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, yeah, there's a seller on ebay that states in their listings that many prolific artifacts with COA's are not ...authentic. But, I know very little about that, learning, or trying anyway.

Elite Arrowheadologist
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stupid12345 View Post
    hmmmm.......difficult subject and them modern makers sure do some purty work (to the novice collector like myself), too bad they aren't proud of what they make by signing them somehow. sad that folks on ebay and everywhere else knowingly sell replicas as "I don't know nothing". Collecting these authentic and ancient artifacts is a tough hobby. Modern makers sure need to form some kind club with a code of ethics and go after those that are ruining their livelihood/reputation, after all it appears to be an art. Artists need to be proud of their artwork, the other side is investors need to be proud of their investment. ah...what do I know, oh yeah, i'm just an old ditch digger.

Trust me when I say modern flintknappers are proud of there work. And most do sign there work. Problem is it is easily removed or hidden.

We are currently trying to stop this as much as possible. One problem we are having is that EBay does not care enough to do anything about it.

Basically do not buy from EBay. Especially if it has a Baker COA.

You keep saying how you know nothing and based on your comments it shows. Better edgemicat yourself if you want to do this hobby. Bash modern flintknappers all you want but buyer beware so in the end it is on you.

i myself find it strange that someone would pay twice or more as much for a point because it comes with a Fake worthless COA when they could of just went to flintknappers.com and got that same point right from the artist for way less.

learning
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dart, Personally I would buy only on ebay. ebay has a money back guarantee which over rides all sellers dealers etc that post as no returns. I have bought, sold on ebay for going on 20 years and their system is by far the best (although I have had some free for all fights with them through the years). I like the modern points, some of them fellas are real artists no matter what their ethnicity is. But, I like the ancient ones as an investment. Course we all get schooled along the way, nobody knows it all. Thanks for your input, have a great day!

Tribal Council Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughtful and full of wisdom ! Joshuaeam ! Save your money for good beer .

learning
    Post Thanks / Like
    Panola, Love you man, got a rock?