Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone hunt the Red River east of lake Texoma?

Surface Hunter

Anyone hunt the Red River east of lake Texoma?

I was thinking about making a trip to scope things out and find access somewhere along the river to do a little hunting.
    Anyone here ever hunt this area and have any luck?

2. # ADS

Tribal Council Member
    Never hunted that area of the river.I've had some luck hunting rock bars on the stretch of it close to Fouke,AR.I've only pulled out one whole point.It has some killer sand polish.I know of people finding everything from Clovis points to Caddo pots in there.Good luck!
    Arrowhead shaped leaves are the enemy!

I am only an hour from the Red River, but I have never hunted it. Frequently wanted to, though. Let me know if you find a spot!

Surface Hunter
    Indy,
    I was thinking somewhere north of the Caddo National Grassland area.
    There is a little creek that crosses FM 79 that looks pretty good from google satellite. And then a CR 37220 east of there that goes right along the red river I may check out. It all depends on what is private tho. What you think? I thought maybe someone on here would have been up there but maybe not. Maybe it is too hard to access.
    Probably won't be able to check it out until next weekend but I will post what my explorations turn up.

you may be looking at Bois D'Arc Creek. It produces a lot of points, but the locals from the Bonham area keep it pretty trampled. Give me a call sometime soon; we need to go on a hunt!

selturner
    I have family in Denison and around calera and kemp , everytime I go up there I never have time to do any looking. Keep us posted

Relic Hunter
    Be careful on the Red east of 75- there are some people on the Okie side that irrigate their pot fields out of the river and they don't cotton to strangers- remember Deliverance?

That said, I've never heard of much found below the dam- they do find some on the Ok side of the lake behind the Islands and north from there.

Guy

(I live in Sherman)

Tribal Council Member
    Oh Oh ! Lyle did you see THAT post ---------hummmm

Tribal Council Member
    Why you banjo pickin saw bones....they's growin it on the Okie side because it's fertil, but they live on the South Side Of the RED!! Were haven problems on our South boarder just like you Texas folk.
    lyle

Quote Originally Posted by docgg View Post
    Be careful on the Red east of 75- there are some people on the Okie side that irrigate their pot fields out of the river and they don't cotton to strangers- remember Deliverance?

That said, I've never heard of much found below the dam- they do find some on the Ok side of the lake behind the Islands and north from there.

Guy

(I live in Sherman)

Tribal Council Member
    Hummmmmmm, I wonder who that would be on the south border.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast