Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Relic Hunter
    I'm north! Does it matter what side of the midden you dig on? I've been digging on the north side of them towards the creek bed. If I could figure out how to post some pics I think I've found a piece of pottery also.

2. # ADS

Tribal Council Member
    Do some test holes around the place and see what shows up in them. When you start hitting mostly points or broke points, widen your holes out, stay down to hardpan and eventually you'd hit some good ones.

Relic Hunter
    Scotto, thank you for sharing your knowledge, i guess we don't have pics of the points, you feel they were probably exhausted, or that the association of the midden is coincidental.

Tribal Council Member
    Even exhausted points you can tell are points, just wore down to the nub is all. If you are finding a good amount of debitage and that, you are where they were working on them and should find some. You already said you found 4 in 30 minutes so you know they are there.
    See this video of mine, this is a LOT of debitage at this one spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDNbWLzsHbo

You won't always find points right in the middle of debitage, but move over a few feet and see. They are there, just got to figure out where.

Tribal Council Member
    If you are digging debitage and its a spot that hasnt already been dug, just keep going. Arrowheads are like fish, they run is schools. I dont know how to explain that but its a proven fact!
    Resident collective leg puller!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12