Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome! Arrowheadology.com is the #1 arrowhead and Indian artifact community on the web. Join us now!

Relic Hunter

Cape Cod Arrowhead Hunting

Hello. I'm heading to Cape Cod in a few weeks to volunteer for an archaeological dig at the Taylor-Bray farm and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on hunting the Cape. I'm going to be around the Yarmouthport/Dennis area. I know the cape was inhabited by Indians but I don't know much about their way of life up there. Did they stay more inland or closer to the sea? Oceanside or bay side? Any information would be helpful...thanks!

2. # ADS

Tribal Council Member
    Look at the lay of the land. Find places where you'd have ready access to fresh water (ideally, on a southern exposure) while not too far from the ocean, up high enough for the breeze to keep the mosquitos pushed back.

Relic Hunter
    Great thanks uniface! I'm hoping I can find some stuff out there..a friend gave me some stuff he found on the cape before he passed away. I'll have to post them on here. He also gave me an axe from Connecticut he had found...I posted it on here under hardstones "Connecticut Axe"

Relic Hunter
    Mashpee was a smaller group of the Wampanoag Indians that lived there when the pilgrims landed. Unfortunately I'll only be up there for 3 days, but I'm hoping to find some stuff to post on here. I'm sure I'll find some artifacts during the dig, but I won't be able to keep those ones.